Sunday, August 7, 2016

How to Make Healthy Grilled Caesar Salad For Kids



My mom didn't do a lot of cooking when we were growing up. She was too busy saving lives…literally. She practiced as an Emergency Medicine doctor before switching over to Internal Medicine. As such, she is much more accustomed to putting out fires than I am..figuratively. Once I asked her how she was able to deal with acute life or death situations, and she responded, "It's fun!" 

My mom never cooked anything fancy or overly complicated, but I have always loved my mother's home cooking. She made sure to do a quick stir fry so that we would always have some vegetables on our plate. One surprising vegetable that she used to stir fry often was lettuce. And I liked it. In fact, I didn't realize I was eating cooked lettuce until well into adulthood. 

Cooked lettuce is not only surprisingly good, it is one of my most favorite ways to ironically eat salad. The other day, we had some people over for a barbecue, and as usual, I figured it would be a great opportunity to experiment with live subjects. I looked up this recipe for Grilled Caesar Salad. This recipe has all the flavors of a traditional Caesar salad, with the unique aspect of grilled romaine lettuce. It was a hit at our party and could just make your kids fans of salad!






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...