- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon spicy bean paste
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 box silken tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix ground pork with sesame oil and cornstarch.
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat wok at high heat and add cooking oil.
- When oil begins to ripple, add green onion, garlic, spicy bean paste, and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add ground pork and cook until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Mix in sauce.
- Carefully mix in tofu.
- In a cup, mix together sauce thickener ingredients until dissolved.
- When mixture begins to bubble, add sauce thickener.
- Cook at medium high heat until sauce begins to thicken.
Many thanks to the North American Taiwanese Women's Association for their permission to feature recipes from their excellent cookbook, Taiwanese Homestyle Cooking.
To purchase this book, go to: http://cookbook.tacl.org/
To send a donation to NATWA, visit: http://www.natwa.com/page/support.html