Taiwanese Pork Sauce Over Rice
- 1/2 lb. ground pork (grind your own lean pork from pork tenderloin!)
- 5 shallots, diced
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Soak shiitake overnight, then squeeze dry, and dice
- Heat canola oil in pot at low heat, then fry shallots and shiitake to bring out the flavor.
- Add ground pork and cook until brown.
- Add eggs.
- Add seasoning and cook at low heat for about 1 hour.
- Pour meat sauce on top of rice, add vegetables, and serve.
Many thanks to the North American Taiwanese Women's Association for their permission to feature recipes from their excellent cookbook, Taiwanese Homestyle Cooking.
To purchase this book, go to: http://cookbook.tacl.org/
To send a donation to NATWA, visit: http://www.natwa.com/page/support.html