Saturday, March 15, 2014

How to Cook Healthy Food for Kids : Best Beef Burger or Veggie Burger Recipe?




Every time I go to a burger joint, I find myself struggling with the same decision.  Beef burger or veggie burger?  Red meat is a significant source of saturated fat. (see my previous post):
http://doctorchrisko.blogspot.com/2013/07/cooking-for-your-kids-you-take-good-and.html
Since I am well aware of the health hazards of red meat, you might think that I would easily choose veggie burger over beef burger.  The problem is that my brain says veggie burger, but my stomach says beef burger.  After some dueling between the two, my stomach usually wins out and seconds later I find myself happily munching on a greasy beef burger.  However, once I am done with the burger, my stomach is more heavy than happy and my brain says, "I told you so."

On the surface, I'm deciding between a veggie burger and a beef burger.  But in reality, my mind was already made up well in advance of placing my order.  You see, once I decide to step foot into a burger joint, chances are I'm coming out with a beef burger.  To expect anything else would be kidding myself.  It is like walking into a pizzeria and coming out with a salad.  Unlikely.  The odds are additionally skewed because the menu typically features ten glorious beef burgers to one paltry veggie burger.

The problem isn't that I don't like veggie burgers.  I actually find them to be quite tasty.  The problem is expectation and veiled choice.  Rather than head to a burger joint and set myself up for inevitable failure, I decided to make a delicious veggie burger in the comforts of my own home.  Plus, without the side by side comparison to a menu full of beef burgers, I was able to appreciate the sheer joy of eating a mouth-watering homemade veggie burger.  The kids liked it too!   Check it out:





Click to Facebook: http://on.fb.me/OsbEls

Here is the link to the recipe I used in the above video:
http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/spinach-chickpea-burgers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...