Sunday, March 2, 2014

How to Cook Healthy Food for Kids : Seafood Boil Recipe



I knew I wanted to marry Cassie the first time she flashed...her winning smile.  But it took a rendezvous in New Orleans for me to finally get around to pre-proposing to Cassie.  What is a pre-proposal?  A pre-proposal is when a guy fails to plan a legitimate romantic proposal ahead of time and instead blurts out a marriage proposal in the middle of the French Quarter.

New Orleans is not only a place for clumsy proposals; it is also a city with some serious eats.  On a return trip to New Orleans, I took Cassie back to a place called Red Fish Grill.  It seemed appropriate because we had a fantastic meal there the first time we met up in New Orleans, and I had a coupon for a free bottle of wine.  To commemorate the event, I got quite drunk and I took a picture of myself pretending to give Cassie a legitimate proposal with her existing wedding ring.

The other night, Cassie and I had a hankering for some Cajun food, so we took the kids to a local restaurant called, Chasing Tails.  This restaurant specializes in Cajun seafood according to a southern style seafood boil.  Bags of shrimp, crawfish, and mussels were plopped onto our newspaper-lined tables, and the kids happily used their hands to devour the delicious seafood.

A seafood boil is a generic term for any number of different kinds of social events in which shellfish is the central element.  Shellfish, like all seafood, is a lean protein that is low in saturated fat:
http://doctorchrisko.blogspot.com/2013/08/cooking-for-your-kids-mussels-for.html
A boil is usually cooked using a large pot seasoned with salt, garlic, onions, lemons, and Cajun spices.  In addition to seafood, it is often served with whole ears of corn and potatoes.

Thus inspired, I decided to attempt my own "Ko" boil at our home.  This is how it turned out:


Click to Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1eHOLol

Here is the link to the recipe I used in the above recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/shrimp-boil-recipe/index.html

References

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seafood_boil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...