Friday, July 17, 2015

How to Cook Healthy Low Carbohydrate Noodleless Zucchini Lasagna for Kids


 
"I haven't seen Colin in some time and he's changed so much!"
 -Facebook comment

Yes, indeed kids have a way of doing that. I remember when Colin was just a baby. His face seemed to change every week. When he first came out, he was the spitting image of my dad. Eventually, as his face went through multiple evolutions, it became readily apparent that Colin takes after Cassie's side. Now, when he smiles, he reminds me of Cassie.

Cailya, on the other hand, didn't bear a strong resemblance to either side initially. Slowly, her face evolved to become increasingly Ko-like. Still, it isn't obvious to the general outsider that Cailya takes after me because she has these adorably full cheeks. Most people can't see how those cheeks can come from an angular face such as mine. However, if you met any of my relatives, you would see that Cailya's cheeks are undeniably Ko cheeks.

I continue to be amazed by the transformations my kids undergo. This summer, we decided to sign Colin up for some lessons, mainly because he was looking bored. We signed him up for swimming, piano, and tennis lessons, and we found out that he is equally mediocre at all three. Although he was timid when he first tried any new skill, over time I saw my son develop a real enthusiasm for learning. He went from disinterest to curiosity. He went from defiance to acceptance. He went from being scared of water to jumping right into a pool. These are amazing transformations for a dad to witness and I could not be prouder of my son. 

You can turn your food into amazing transformations as well. Try this healthy lasagna recipe made out of zucchini, inspired by my son's enthusiasm for transformation.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...