Friday, August 29, 2014

How to Cook Healthy for Kids : Cooking the Best Broccoli of Your Life



When I first started blogging about my amateur cooking experience, I was quite nervous.  I didn't know the first thing about cooking, and I was afraid that my kids would reject everything I put in front of them.

What I really enjoy about blogging, vlogging, cooking, and writing is the freedom to do anything and everything I want.  If I want to try a new recipe, I can go ahead and do just that.  I don't need anyone's permission to fumble around in the kitchen or to make a silly video and publish it.  Just pushing that "publish" button on my posts or on my youtube videos is quite a thrill.

I also enjoy music, and although I am not the most talented musician, I enjoy the freedom of writing and playing whatever I want.  In college, I was surrounded by much better musicians who all picked up the guitar quite easily.  Playing the guitar has always been a challenge for me, which is why I pretty much write songs consisting of only three chords. 

However, whether I'm playing a song comprised of three chords or cooking a dish comprised of three ingredients, I can be proud of the finished product that I created.  Making up songs for the fun of it reminds me of the creative genius, Dana Carvey.  I do a parody of one of his bits and feature a recipe for the best broccoli of your life in the following video:

http://youtu.be/G_HcCvC5Drg




2 comments:

  1. I have never been a fan of vegetables, especially not of broccoli. And now I have unfortunately passed that on to my children. I am trying to do better and this broccoli recipe just makes my mouth water. I not only will eat this broccoli, I'm going to love it! Keep the recipes coming! http://www.pedsalex.com/pediatric-services.php

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sally. You will love this broccoli!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...