Wednesday, February 18, 2015

How to Get Healthy - Tell Your Story

Whether you are trying to lose weight, get healthy, or serve as a role model for your kids, it's important to tell your story. Your story can inspire others to face their own challenge. However, sharing your story is also personally meaningful.

Keeping a food journal has been demonstrated to be a useful tool towards adopting a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it help you keep track of your food choices and hold yourself accountable, it also serves as your personal memoir. Over time, a collection of meals becomes a rich story about change, growth, and personal betterment.

Last year, I decided to do a spoof on the Oscars by throwing myself an imaginary award ceremony I entitled, "The OsKos". This year, as the Oscars approached, I wondered if I should put together another OsKos. In the end, I decided it would be personally meaningful for me to do so. Like compiling a year's worth of random photos into a photo album, the OsKos is my way of reflecting on my blogging and vlogging experience over the past year.

Producing weekly cooking videos has been my way of making a commitment to cook healthy for my kids. As an added bonus, my videos record my children's lives for posterity. Setting a goal to cook and write about one healthy meal per week has been both a goal and a reward. While the goal itself has been an external motivator to hold myself accountable, I have found the experience of achieving that goal to be personally rewarding and fulfilling.

I have learned so much about food, cooking, and health. I have applied those lessons towards personal and professional betterment. Along the way, I have also learned the value of sharing my experience with others. Thanks for tuning in and being part of my story!  Without further ado, on with the OsKos!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...