Friday, June 27, 2014

How to Cook Healthy Food For Kids : What to Cook for Your Fourth of July Barbecue



Happy Fourth of July!  In a few days.  Long summer weekends always make me think of family.  When we were kids, my brother and I would cool off during hot summers by running through the lawn sprinklers.  On rare occasions, my dad would dust off his old propane grill from the garage and we'd have a family cookout.  Except my family doesn't like heat or bugs, so my dad would be the only one cooking out while everyone else would be eating in.

Besides being awed that the old grill actually still worked, I remember being awed watching the old man work at the grill.  I enjoyed seeing the open flames, smelling the meat being cooked, and seeing my dad sweat.  Grilling was one of the few occasions where my dad actually did the cooking.

I have since carried on the Ko tradition in my own household and accepted the title of the grill master.  And while traditional barbecues may feature hamburgers and hot dogs, we have had some great family events serving up tasty portions of lean fish and chicken.  One technique that I've used successfully is to grill salmon on top of cedar planks.  I show you how easy and tasty cedar smoked salmon can be in the following video:


Happy grilling! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...